Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, New(er) Me



Happy 2016, woohoo!  My 2015 was pretty decent, I can't really complain about it.  I bettered myself, tried out a new business idea, and found gyms/studios that I'm really happy with.  The kids are happy and healthy and my marriage is in great shape.  No one close to me died. That in itself made 2015 way better than its predecessor.

But as every new year goes, I feel mildly inclined to set some new goals. I'm not usually the biggest fan of the traditional "New Year's Resolutions" because I tend to think that the real goals people feel inclined to set and keep tend to come about when the need arises.  That being said, I've felt the need for a few changes for a while now, and I'm going to try to make them now.  So there!

Change number 1:  Run more!  Don and I love to run together, but we've been horrible about making time for it.  Which is a bummer, because it's a wonderful way to spend time together as a couple while bettering ourselves.  So we woke up on 1/1 and decided to start a run streak.  No, we're not running naked (sorry neighbors), but we're aiming to run every single day, even if just for a mile.  Generally it will be a longer distance, but the mile minimum forces us to at least get out there for a few minutes, even on the longest of days.  No pressure, just fun!

Change number 2:  Less alcohol.  With the holidays come the holiday parties, the staying up late, and the wine.  Mmmmmm, wiiiiine.  But it's time to back down a bit, whether I like it or not.

Change number 3:  Find my place.  While I absolutely love the places I work, I'm really feeling the need to make my mark and do something more stable and/or full-time.  I have a hard time believing in myself quite honestly, so having my own small business is scary to me.  A full time job is also scary, as it puts me out of the house more than I have been since pre-kids.  I need to get past it all.  I need to hunker down, determine what it is exactly that I want, and make a plan to move towards it.  I don't need to be there by next year, but I do need to know where it is I'm going and how I'll get there.

Change number 4:  Maintain a cleaner and less cluttered home.  I've let this slip since working more, and it's obvious now.  I have to organize and declutter my drawers and closets, and keep a cleaning schedule for the high use areas.  

Of course I'll be happy to be in even better shape, eat even healthier, unplug more, but those are my big 2016 goals.  I'll try to keep you all updated on them, as it'll provide some accountability on my part.

Until then, Happy New Year, and tell me what your big goals are!


No comments:

Post a Comment